- Outdoor Features
- Spa Installation
- Upgraded Lighting
- Deck Renovations
- Safety cover installation
- Resurfacing/Plastering of Gunite Pools
- Pool Conversion
- Pool Shape Change
- Pump Replacement
How to prevent a green pool
Here are two steps on how to prevent a green pool
Do a weekly chemical check on your water, ways to do this, have a pool technician come out and take care of it weekly, do it yourself, you’ll need to purchase a test kit at your local pool store. When you test your chemicals each week, check your pH and chlorine level it’s ideal to have your pH between a 7.4 – 7.8 this is when your chlorine is most active.
You also want to maintain your chlorine level between 2ppm – 3ppm on a regular basis this can be done by simply adding chlorine tablets to your pool on a set day each week. Once a month you should test all your other chemicals reading i.e. Calcium hardness, Alkalinity, CYA the ideal calcium level is between 250-300 ppm, Alkalinity between 80-120ppm and CYA no higher then 40ppm for maximum chlorine performance.
This next step is not necessary but us here at Sac Pool Services believe it to be a important roll in chemical testing, the phosphates test on a monthly basis phosphates can force a pull to turn green even when your chemicals are balanced this is causes by simplest things such as fertilizer, grass and or plants/leaves also animals swimming in the pool can cause phosphates you want to keep your phosphate level below 300ppm.
Step 2. Now we all know how important the chemicals are what’s even more important to maintain a clear pool all your long is filtration it is very important to have clean filters with optimal flow you want to keep your pool pumping around 60-100 gallons per minute for maximum performance this can be done simply by checking your pressure gauge on your filter on a weekly basis as well mark were your filter pressure is before and after you clean your filters also make sure all skimmer and pump baskets are cleaned out on a weeks basis as well this can cause poor flow/circulation if plugged.
Now you know all you need to keep your pool clear all year long if you need anymore help on how to maintain your pool here is a link to http://sacpoolservices.com/pool-water-chemistry/
were we go in depth on how to adjust chemicals properly if algae occurs our chemical readings are off, also if all this sounds way to much just give us at Sacramento Pool Services a call and we will take care of it for you!
3 Tips When Looking For A Pool Contractor.
1. You may have been dreaming of a swimming pool for years, and you may think you know exactly what you want. But it pays to read up on the latest technology and gather ideas. Once you've done a little homework, you'll be ready to speak to us about what it is you want out of a swimming pool. we will be able to help you crystallize how you plan to use the swimming pool and can suggest styles, materials, designs, and blueprints to make your dream a reality.
2. Swimming pool design is critical to both the overall aesthetic you're trying to achieve and what you can actually do in the swimming pool. Rectangular designs are perfect for people wanting a classic, timeless look. They're also great for games and swimming laps. Kidney and free-form swimming pools can blend with the surrounding vegetation and appear more natural. They also lend themselves to waterfalls and grottos. Choosing the wrong shape may mean you have a swimming pool that doesn't really suit your lifestyle as well as it could.
3. Stop and think about why you're installing a swimming pool. Is it for your kids? For entertaining? Is it an investment? Do you want it to make a dramatic architectural statement? Or is a relaxing retreat for you and your spouse? Answering these questions will help tell you what kind of swimming pool you want. A swimming pool for kids might include a slide and a wading area. It probably doesn't need high-end glass tile finishing or a vanishing edge. But if you want something that is as visually appealing as it is enjoyable to use, you might consider a built-in water feature, more expensive coping, and a negative edge. A client with a clear sense of purpose is a builder's best friend.
Owner Building a Pool is a very simple process, with advance preparation, accurate plans, exact pricing and knowledge of the construction process and phases, you are ready. Sac Pool can easily help with this.
- Design – Accurate with your ideas and want is a pool design.
- Permit Ready – With all requirements included with engineering schedule. A service to submit to your county building department and get approved.
- Pricing of Project – With confirmed prices in a package.
The most detailed parts of the owner builder process is excavation through rebar steel (Pre-Gunite Ready)
***Note: This is where things most commonly go wrong for the owner builder.
- Inaccurate Plans.
- Excavation Error (leading to more gunite cost)
- Leaving too much soil
- Property Access and Property Damage
- Plumbing for Proper Flow of Pool Operation
- Electrical Runs –Too small for wire demands
(All Subcontractor’s pointing fingers at each other) Trouble has started.
It All Starts with Accurate Plans
We have an excavation thru pre-gunite crew, with all the equipment such as Dump Truck,Excavation Track Loader, Plumbing, Steel and Equipment installation Truck. It is what we do!
Right on Time and Exact Pricing
Step 2 – Gunite – The Fun day of the Project – It all comes together visually today. No Hidden Cost
Order tile now.
What about Sheer Decents?
Get Waterfall Rock Ready
The Gunite crew is a skilled and talented group. Exacting Caribbean Shelf, Steps, Spa Bench and Levels.
Step 3 - Tile – Need tile on site. Brown coat – Float beam and Apply.Easy with the right crew.
(NOTE: A home Interior Tile Setter cannot do justice to pool tile)
Back filling of trenches – Make this the responsibility of the Deck Crew. Others will not compact the soil.
(Ready with Color and Texture)
Step 4 – Plaster Prep – Attention to detail of the project. Finalize Equipment – Install and Pull Light Fixtures. Ready for Pre-Plaster Inspection
Step 5 – Plaster – The start filling with water – Add Start-up Chems
Step 6 – SWIM
PS. Always call soon for Pool Final!